My Fish are Man-Eating >:D

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Prototype the Horror Movie Remix







I'm back!!!! That's right as promised I come baring a new project. For CyberARTS we had to take a video game or movie trailer and remix it to fit a different mood by using different music and sound effects. The video game I chose to remix originally was Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as an action "movie" but that was too hard to remix so I went with Prototype. I turned it into a horror movie :D. It took scenes from Prototype and Prototype 2 and put them together in my trailer. Unfortunately, I could not get rid of the Machinima watermarks on the trailers so you should be able to see where I edited. Without any further a due...here is my trailer.











So the story behind my trailer is New York City in a state of crisis when a mysterious virus has has infected a sizable number of it's population. However one stands out among the rest, Alex Mercer, the first infected. Unlike the rest of the infected, he gained mutant powers from the virus and proceeded to murder and consume the remaining populace. The army are the only ones who have a prayer of stopping him, but how can you fight an enemy...who can be anybody?

*Dun,dun,duuuuun*


So the song I chose was Night of the Wolf by Nox Arcana for that whole suspenseful feeling to it. I ripped the original track and put it through Audacity. From there I had to edit a 4 minute song to a little over a minute and 30 seconds.As I said before I could not get rid of the watermarks so you probably noticed where I made my cuts, however you would only really notice where I put parts of Prototype 2 in. In actuality I made many cuts to the trailer and rearranged clips to make them work. For the most part, I was very prepared during this assignment. Before we really started, I had my trailer picked out, my audio edited down and the sound effect I thought I would need downloaded. The only thing that I didn't quite account for was one of my trailers being downloaded in a file format that was different from the rest and couldn't be imported properly so I had to convert it to an mov file.



Something that I wanted to do to the character was I wanted to de-humanize him. In the game, Alex Mercer was trying to get revenge on the military for what they did to him while meanwhile trying to get his memories back. The fact that he wants to know what happened to him, and protect those closest to him from the government if a human goal. What if I took that away from him? What if I took that desire to be human away from him and just made him a terrorist? The fact that the military is having difficulty with him not only isn't a surprise but it gives a sense of hopelessness. Btw, did you catch my "coming soon" voice over? oh yea..that was me :D.



That's it for this week. Be on the lookout for the trailers of my other CyberBUDDIES (trademark) see you guys later :D

Also, If the quality of the trailer on my blog was crappy, then I'm sorry. Here's the link for the trailer on youtube.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Very creative work. Strong Concept -- well thought out.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete