My Fish are Man-Eating >:D

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Presenting...The Rib Chair



My class and I did a project where we had to make a chair that exudes our personality in someway. I made The Rib Chair.









Conceptually, I wanted to make the Rib Chair resemble the human ribcage a bit to kind of give it the weird gothic look to it. Part of it's design was originally based upon an earlier design that I was thinking of in the beginning which was meant to be reminiscent of Dr. Evil's chair from Austin Powers. I think this exudes my personality because I like creepy, gothic stuff, I like office chairs with wheels that spin and of coarse chairs sooo comfortable that you could fall sound asleep in them.







I was really behind in this project so I was one of the last ones to finish it however I put in a lot of time after school to finish. Piece of advice, if you're going to use the glue gun, any mistake in terms of placement need to be corrected immediately. I found this out the hard way when one of the chairs legs were slightly off. Something else that went a bit wrong with this was the seamless white tape didn't work out too well for me. It started to peel and it didn't bend as well as I'd hoped it would. What I did like with this project though was that I got to work with the circle cutter and the straight cutter. The straight cutter took a bit of practice before I could make perfect circles that weren't dented. I also got to work with foamcore which was a medium that I never used before. Overall, my one regrete for this project is that I wish I had more time to make it better.








No comments:

Post a Comment