My Fish are Man-Eating >:D

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Hand that Walks the Earth Retrospect



So last semester as many of you may or may not already know, I did a clay animated film called "The Hand that Walks the Earth"( as seen above) Part of the goal of this film was for it to show an emotion thought out the film as a theme. I chose a creepy-is theme with some weird and creepy characters.The theme behind the film was a skeletal hand rising from the grave and wandering the the graveyard until it finds a grey-ish blob. The blob then goes on to the hand and it become it's zombie skin(sort of reminicent of the Venom symbiote from Spider-man)

Conceptually, I did like my idea. It was different and lots of time was put into it was as a whole, whether it was set design or character creation, lots of time and effort was put into it. There was a few technical difficulties through-out the projest though. A big technical difficulty was that originally, I had wanted to have the film set in the middle of a rain storm, however since trying to use the same rain effect on over 100 pictures, it proved to be too much for the computer. So after switching computers several times trying to use the same effect, eventually I settled for the black fog effect. The creepy mood wasn't conveyed by just by just the characters alone. I think the mood was successfully conveyed well with the help of the effects and the background music backing up the accual animation. Other small difficulties I experienced during the animation was one of my characters( green eye-snake *cough*) was starting to droop. It was constantly falling over. The only reason I knew where to put it back was because I was made of plasticine. Plasticine does contain patrolium oil based products in it leaving the sheet of constuction paper marked with a few oil stains. Anyway, I digress. Enjoy the show. Feel free to comment on it. Also, message me if anyone saw Supernatural last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment