My Fish are Man-Eating >:D

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Artistic Inspiration....

I have a few inspirations that spark ideas for artwork or for stories. A few big inspirations of mine are music (or tv, movies, books) people and from my dreams.

It's probably the same with a lot of people but I don't always get good iedas by thinking really hard about it. There have been many instances if I just listen to music, my mind will wander. Sometimes I think of tv shows or movies or something then right out of the blue, I get an idea. It's effective because I'm not stressing myself out trying to come up with an idea..it just happens on it's own.

People can also give me ideas. When I have conversations with my friends sometimes it's something that one of my friends had that would make me think of an idea. The odd thing is, sometimes the idea has nothing to do with the conversation that sparked. I could be something totally random or just unrelated to the topic of the conversation. This method is a little touch and go because this method doesn't always work.

Lastly, my dreams do give me some ideas. If I'm planing to take ideas from my dreams the chances are I'm looking for kind of a weird-ish feel to whatever I'm trying to create. Lots of weird dreams I've had are that time I dreampt that I was mugged by a cow, or the time I took a leap of faith off of a waterfall. Now depending on what you plan to do with your dream and what kind of medium you're using(ie paint, pastel ect) your dream piece may not come out the way you want it to, especially if you're wanting to paint it and you can't paint. That is probably a big draw-back this this method is that if you're choosing a complicated dream sequence, it's just going to make it harder for you to execute your piece of work.

Anyway, these are some of the ways I come up with ideas for my art work. Explaining some of my process may or may not help some of the people who take the time to read my blog entries, if so give it a try..your results may vary..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment