My Fish are Man-Eating >:D

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Exit Through the Giftshop

On Friday, my class as well as two others went on a feild trip to the ROM. We got to see a few exibits in the ROM such as the Greek Exibit, Canadian History Exibit and the Egyptian Exibit before leaving the muesum.At the exibits, we saw plates,vases,and statues in the Greek section, paintings in the Canadian History section and stone tablets in the Egyptian section. My class was at the ROM as part of our culminating activity. After we had lunch and walked around a little, we all met at the Cumberland Theaters to watch Exit Through the Giftshop. It was a film about a street artist named Mister Brainwash who went from filming anything and everything to filming for a documentary on street art to becoming a street artist himself.

I kinda liked this movie. It was made by Banksy and had interviews from Banksy,Invader and Sheppard Fairey. The funny thing is that after Mister Brainwash tried to make a(bad) documentary on street art he and Banksy kinda switch roles, making MBW the artist and Banksy the film maker. I liked it because no word of a lie, the movie kind of inspired me, by the end of it, even I wanted to go out and do some street art around the neighbourhood. I'm not going to give spoilers but if you have the chance, if you haven't seen it already, go and watch it. It's a great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment